KCHUNG's ART 2007-2010

2010년 4월 8일 목요일

"Flow" - 10
I interpreted the project in this way; know the artist that you choose, which means not only through his artwork superficially but also through what his art tries to show/tell with color, brush stroke, theme, subject, and everything deeply.
Considering the message of his artwork, I thought of fashion designers because they share same idea in their works. They both emphasize a woman's body and express it in a beautiful and creative way. For my painting, I picked one of the fashion designers, Alexander McQueen, who used a variety of color and new designs in this F/W season 09-10. I combined their concepts of color, flow of the fabric/brush stroke, and ideas. I used one of McQueen's designs and interpreted into DeKooning's art; I tried to accentuate the model's body with the brushstrokes, vivid colors, and use of lights.

댓글 6개:

  1. I like the use of color. It's crazy and out there, but still manages to convey beauty, like you are trying to.

    답글삭제
  2. The brush strokes and color here really stand out. One thing that comes to mind when I see it is opera for some reason. Probably because of the dramatic nature of it, which this painting seems to portray as well. The painting seems to be very emotional and really like the floweyness of it. Is that a word? But overall..it's great.

    답글삭제
  3. I like what Dani said about Opera.I agree this work makes me think of the dramatic in a beautiful way. I think that stands in contrast to DeKooning a bit since Woman 1 is a little dramatic certainly but also a bit startling. I like Kathy's idea of DeKooning's sense of beauty and trying to understand his motivation as an artist!

    답글삭제
  4. I absolutely love this. I love how you used Alexander McQueen as inspiration and I love the colors. I wouldn't change a thing about this piece. The dress is amazing and i would want to wear it myself. The brushstrokes are cool and it flows .

    답글삭제
  5. i love this ! it definitely conveys flow, it makes me feel wind. my only complaint is that i think more subtle facial features would complement the soft feel of the painting better

    답글삭제
  6. also, great tribute to mcqeen, RIP :((((

    답글삭제